a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Sunday, March 10, 2013

WHAT I DO WHEN I'M SICK

Hello lovelies! So I've been sick since last Friday, which is not fun. I finally went to the doctor and found out I have a sinus infection. My nose is plugged, there's pressure in my head, I have to constantly yawn to un-plug my ears, and my throat is killing me. It sucks. Here's what I've been doing throughout the week to try to get healthy and not be miserable!

1. DRINK WATER
I cannot stress this enough. Drinking water is awesome because it flushes out your system! You also may be getting headaches from dehydration, so obviously water will help. I like to keep a water bottle on my desk. I'll drink the whole bottle, then refill it immediately so that I'll continue to drink it. Water always makes me feel better instantly, so please please please drink a lot of water.

2. Tea/Soup has magical properties
I don't know what's in tea and soup that makes it so magical, but it literally helps for every sickness I've contracted. My favorite tea is Camomile, which is always really nice when my throat hurts. When I've got the shivers or my stomach hurts, I eat Lipton Noodle Soup. It's delicious and light so it won't hurt your stomach! Definitely try these magical methods. 

3. If you're not too sick, DO SOMETHING!
You're supposed to lay low when you're sick, but laying in your bed all day and feeling sorry for yourself when you only have a cough is not gonna help you. When you're at that stage where a few things hurt but you can do normal activities, do something! When I'm sick, I like to stay home all day and do DIY projects such as making flower crowns or cookies (for when I feel better!). Doing something easy will take your mind off being sick.

4. Watch a funny movie/Youtube videos
If you are lying in bed because you're really sick, try watching a funny movie or Youtube videos. Watching Titanic will only make you feel worse, trust me. I'd recommend something along the lines of Mean Girls (the classic), or Youtube channels like danisnotonfire. Laughing is the best medicine!

5. If all else fails, SLEEP!
When you're at that point of sickness where you can't watch anything or your head will hurt and you just want to curl up and sleep, do it! Just sleep it off. When I get really sick, sleeping is my favorite thing (well, it is anyways). Even if you can only sleep for 30 minutes at a time, just keep sleeping.

Obviously I'm not a doctor, but this is what works for me when I'm sick. If you have any other tricks that you use when you're sick, let me know!
xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment