a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, April 26, 2013

FRIDAY

It's Friday morning and I'm so ready for school to be over this week. Last weekend, I went camping and didn't get much sleep. The weekend before that, I was at Coachella, so I didn't get any sleep then either. I'm not complaining; it was my decision to use my weekend like that and not sleep (I totally do not regret going to Coachella). It's just that after 2 weeks of non-stop work, I'm extremely excited to do things that I want to do and actually relax when I get back from school today. Here's what I'm planning:

1. Read a book.
Right now, I'm reading The Great Gatsby. I've recently started reading a lot more, and I love it. Its nice to be in a different world for a little bit. Recent books that I've read and loved: Looking for Alaska - John Green, An Abundance of Katherines - John Green, and Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell.

2. SLEEP!!!
Take a nap! I know it sounds sorta stupid but its awesome. Who doesn't like sleeping? I love taking short naps when I get home from school or before dinner.

3. Get your work done.
If you have any homework or tests to study for, do it right when you get home from school on Friday. Saturday is my I'm-not-doing-any-homework-don't-try-to-make-me day, so if I can get it all done on Friday, that's great. Plus, you won't have to do it on Sunday or be stressed about it the whole weekend.

4. Clean/organize your stuff.
I don't know if it's just me, but cleaning out my backpack, desk, and other random crap in my room relaxes me. I like my stuff to be organized and neat, and when it is, I'm calmer. I like to play some calm tunes on my iHome stereo and clean little sections of my room at a time. Its nice.

5. Do what you want.
All week, you have to go to school, study for tests, do homework, wake up early, etc. And if you're me and have a dress code at school, it takes five million hours to pick what I'm gonna wear each day so that I'm not breaking the rules. Once the weekend starts, do things you want to do like staying up later, watching a movie, spending the whole night on tumblr, or playing music. Be creative and have an awesome time.

Side note: You don't need to hang out with friends after school all of the time! If you're like me, you'll like your own company. It's nice to be alone and have Vampire Weekend dance parties.

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment