a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, October 28, 2013

MONTHLY MUSIC MAILBAG: October 2013

Helllloooooo lovelies! Here are the top four songs I've been listening to this month.

4. "Swingin Party" by Lorde


This cover is hauntingly beautiful - I don't care if "Royals" is overplayed, Lorde is actually pretty good.

3. "California" by The Kooks


I made a CD of songs about Los Angeles (and surrounding areas) for my lovely foreign exchange student from England who left yesterday... so sad. But this song just reminds me of home, and I love dancing around to it alone in my room. It's also a cover.

2. "Doin' it Right" by Daft Punk & Panda Bear


I hear this song on the radio all of the time, and I always find myself turning the volume up and singing along. Well, doing my best robot voice/Noah Lennox impressions. I dunno, it's just a really good song.

1. "I Wanna Be Yours" by Arctic Monkeys


The lyrics of this song are actually adapted from a poem of the same name, which I am obsessed with. It's a beautiful song and Alex Turner's vocals make me want to melt. 

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment