a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

BURY ME IN PLAID

Hello lovelies!!!

I think my obsession with plaid started as a young girl when we had to wear plaid pinafores to school for uniform. As we grew up, those pinafores became skirts, and when I was 10, khaki skirts. I was devastated. I love the look of plaid skirts, and wanted to wear one everyday.

Still, that is the case - I own like 5 plaid skirts that I constantly wear. On top of that, I have flannels, pants, and jackets with plaid/tartan patterns. It's an obsession.

plaid obsessions


I think plaid adds both an innocence and a sense of adventure to an outfit, not sure why...
It's like, I could be going to school in this outfit, or I could be chopping down a tree in the wilderness! You know what I mean? 

My family is part Scottish/Irish, so I believe we have a family tartan; although I'm not quite sure what it looks like, I know I want to own everything with that pattern. I'm obsessed.

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment