a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, March 24, 2014

LIEBSTER AWARD (still not sure what it is completely)

Hello lovelies! Recently, I've been nominated by two lovely girls, Matilda and Victory, to answer a few questions that are part of the "Liebster Award." I'm still not quite sure exactly what the award is, but I'm just gonna go ahead and do what I can.

First, I'm supposed to tell you 11 facts about meeeee!

1. My name is Alyssa and I am 15 years old.
2. I'm a Sophomore (10th grade) in high school, and I'm sorta young for my grade.
3. I have naturally dark brown hair, but I've dyed/modified it four times: purple extensions, red Kool-Aid dye, bleached ombre, purple semi-permanent dip dye. Now the purple has almost completely faded.
4. My favorite cities are San Francisco, New York, Dublin, and London.
5. If I could travel anywhere in the world, I'd like to go to Iceland (and see the northern lights).
6. I have two cats named Bella and Rico *shoutout to ma cats*
7. I write, play, and listen to lots of different types of music.
8. The most times I've seen someone in concert is 4; Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran tie for the spot.
9. I've taken art classes in school since I was little, and I've done multiple summer programs for different types of art.
10. I prefer rainy/cloudy weather to sunny weather - we get too much of it LA! 
11. I'm very impatient and I always try to get things done quickly.

Now, I answer the questions given to me by the nominators:

Matilda's questions:

1. If you had to live on five foods for the rest of your life (nutrition doesn't matter!) what would they be? 
Pasta, EGGO waffles, really good grilled chicken, pearled couscous, and Nutella sandwiches. 
2. What's your all time favourite lyric?
Oh, this is a rough one. I have a few favorites: "we all got old a breakneck speed" (Wetsuit - The Vaccines), "because the sky is blue/it makes me cry" (Because - The Beatles), "she makes the sound the sea makes/knee  deep in the north sea" (Dissolve Me - Alt-J).
3. Who/what inspires you?
I'm mainly inspired by people that I'm close to/connect with, and nature!
4. In ten years time, where do you see yourself?
I'll be 25, graduated from University, and hopefully living in a nice apartment in one of my favorite cities... I'd love to be working at a magazine or radio station too, that'd be nice!
5. What are your favourite names?
Girls: Della, Rosie, Bryn, Stella, Rhiannon, Tate 
Boys: Finn, Forrest, Oliver, Walcott (I would be that person to name their child after a Vampire Weekend song... maybe as a middle name?)
6. If you had to pick a favourite thing about yourself, what would it be? (NO MODEST ANSWERS HERE PLEASE!)
I like how I have common sense and that I'm different from many of the people in my school/community.
7. Who knows you like no one else? 
My family, my cats (yeah I tell them secrets???) and my best friends.
8. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
Iceland!!! I'd really love to visit Greece and Scotland too. 
9. Cats or dogs?
Cats!
10. Where are you happiest?
This might sound weird, but either on the floor of a forest looking up at the trees or on an airplane watching the sun rise through the window.
11. Why did you start blogging?
Well, I was twelve and didn't have many friends; that might explain it. 

Victory's questions: 



1. If you could only shop in one place for the rest of your life, where would it be?
Eeeeep that's nerve-wracking. I'd say Topshop, probably.
2. What are your top 3 worst foods?
Raw fish (and fish in general), runny/watery eggs, sausage with casing. 
3. What do you do to relax?
I either play my guitars, draw, or sleep!
4. Beauty or fashion?
Fashion, I'm not really good at the whole "beauty" thing.
5. What's the most descriptive way you would describe yourself?
Wow, um - well, I'm like 5'5, I have dark brown, wavy hair, I have the build of a scrawny teenage boy, light brown eyes, prominent eyebrows, and my nose has two little points on its tip. I'm independent, curious, and really weird.
6. If you could be reincarnated as any animal, what would you be and why?
I'd like to be a domestic cat cause they have great lives, or a bird so I could fly!
7. If you could have dinner with any well-known person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Well John Lennon because he's John Lennon, but I also think dinner with Alexa Chung or Taylor Swift would be awesome so I could trick them into being my best friends.
8. What do you miss the most?
Not having to worry about grades. Also, I have lots of summer memories that I think about all of the time.
9. How do you choose to express yourself?
Through music, art, writing, and fashion.
10. Top 5 favourite bands/artists?
Two Door Cinema Club, Vampire Weekend, Mumford & Sons, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, The Kooks, The Wombats, The Vaccines. I couldn't pick 5, whoops?
11. What are 3 things on your bucket list?
I'd like to see the northern lights, be at the barrier for one of my favorite bands in a huge festival, and go on a European trip with a friend.

Now I'm supposed to nominate 11 people and give them 11 questions, but I don't know 11 blogs!!! Uh oh... well, goes to show that I need some more blogging friends!

xx Alyssa

4 comments:

  1. Oh I just nominated you too haha, all of us have tagged eachother, oh well! I do the exact same to relax and great bucket list choices! xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha shame, I would've answered your questions too! Hey it's great :)

      Delete
  2. thank you for doing this! cats ftw and the vaccines make me so so so happy like I can't explain - I would seriously do anything to be friends with Freddie! Greece is so beautiful and no I so feel you with the forest thing! I went to a festival in a woods last may and they wet up hammocks looking up at the canopy and it was one of the most tranquil places I've been. xxoo

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh god Freddie melts my heart!! And that sounds so amazing, I'm very jealous x

      Delete