a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

MUSIC FESTIVAL ACCESSORIES: Part 1 (Jewelry)

Hellllooooo lovelies! Ok, so Coachella Countdown is now at like, 10 days. OH MY!!! Wow, I actually cannot contain my excitement and I might explode as I type this.

So for today, I thought I'd start with what jewelry I wear to Coachella; this applies to all music festival still. I made a master poster with tips about how to dress for Coachella, but I realized I left out jewelry, which is something that doesn't have specific rules for hot weather vs. cold weather festivals. 

Just some general rules: 
  • all jewelry shouldn't be lose... basically, anything that will bother you or other festival-goers while dancing is not a good idea
  • stay away from flower crowns unless they're tight/headbands. trust me; I've made multiple, and none of them would stay on my head or stay together for that matter in a festival crowd.
  • don't wear expensive jewelry because it's highly likely that you can loose it (especially rings)
Rings:

Basically, don't be stupid and wear real diamond rings. Stick to cheap rings that you wouldn't cry for ages if you lost. It's better if they aren't bulky, too.

Bracelets: 

I'm all for the arm party at Coachella, but again, make sure the bracelets aren't annoyingly loose. It'll just be really frustrating fixing charms and stuff when you're dancing/jumping around.

Necklaces: 

This may sound weird/unbelievable, but last year at Coachella I was constantly finding necklaces on the ground. I think it's because they break while dancing and then just falling off without the wearer noticing. If you still want to wear a necklace, I'd go for a choker; they're tight, and I normally feel them when I'm wearing them so it's easy to notice if they've fallen off. 

Earrings:

I don't wear earrings cause I'm afraid I'll lose them or they'll get caught on my (even someone else's) hair. But, if you must, wear studs! Dangling earrings are a stupid idea, I promise.

Tomorrow I'll post about the fun stuff; face paint, stickers, and temporary tattoos! Yes, time to be a kid again!

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment