a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Saturday, April 12, 2014

COACHELLA 2014: Weekend 1, Day 1 Recap (music, outfit & more!)

Hello lovelies!! Today (well, yesterday) was my first day at Coachella 2014, and it was AMAZING!

Outfit of the day:


DIY Floral Top
Levi's Denim Shorts
White high-top Converse 

Sets I saw:
Grouplove
Bastille
Ellie Goulding
Shlomo
Flume
Zedd
Outkast

Favorite Set(s) of the day:
Bastille, because I am a major Bastille fan and they were amazing. Flume gets the honorable mention... His set was sooooooo goood!

Favorite moments:
When Dan from Bastille came into the crowd for Flaws. I thought he would just come into the barrier (not the actual crowd), but my friends and I, who were all clustered around the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rows of people, were about a foot away from him. It was amazing and I almost cried.
Also, Flume did a remix of Tennis Court by Lorde which was really really great.
And! Zedd did a Latch (by Disclosure) remix which I also liked a lot and it got me freaking out about Disclosure's set on Sunday.

Surprises:
Angel Haze came out during the Bastille set and did a song with them, which was super cool. Also, I heard Janelle Monae came out with Outkast, but I left a few songs through the set and went to Crosses so I didn't see. I did get to hear Hey Ya though, which was a great ending to the night.

xx Alyssa

6 comments:

  1. Ah glad you had fun it looked amazing! xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun!
    xo
    http://lilliputianlilac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It look like you're having so much fun, urgghh I so want to be at coachella right now! I love bastille, they're definitely on my list of people I want to see live! They look so much fun and seem to have so much energy! You're so lucky you were that close to dan omfg! I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures and stuff! x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes wow amazing!!! dan... I died. thank you xx

      Delete