a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Thursday, May 8, 2014

PRESSING FLOWERS

Hellooooo lovelies! I've recently been out on walks picking flowers, and I've pressed them at home so I could save their beauty. Instead of using an ugly old science textbook (which I've done before), the flowers are being pressed in lovely old books I got from garage sales. They're all torn up at the edges and have the prettiest designs on them. 



I love how the colors can change once the petals are dried out. The rose petals were originally white and slightly pink, but they changed to this lovely gold and rich pink color. 

What should I do with all my pressed flowers? I keep them in a folder, and my collection is growing. Sometimes I use them for art, but I'm sure there's other things that could be done with all of the pretty petals! If you have any ideas, let me know!

xx Alyssa

8 comments:

  1. This is so cool! Haven't done it for years so definitely going to give it a try! xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely, especially when you forget you've pressed some and you find them while reading a book :')

      Delete
  2. i love pressed flowers! you could put them in a clear phone case or frame them or something like that!

    http://lost--at-sea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh I love that! Might try the phone case idea soon because I need a new one haha :)

      Delete
  3. I love the look of pressed flowers- a while ago I put some inside my clear phone case, or you could make a collage out of them. It's always nice to rediscover pressed flowers after a few months because they look so beautiful and delicate. x

    //kanyinsola
    velveteenstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm shopping around for a phone case I can put them in now! It's such a nice surprise :)

      Delete
  4. What you said about finding them in old books when you're reading, it's so true. It's one of the best things when you're out reading and just some flowers fall into your lap. It's so magical, like part of the book came to life and fell out the pages. Not to mention when it's one of the prettiest flowers that you tooooottally just forgot about. Ahh, those books are so nice too. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you put that, so true! Thank you!!

      Delete