a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, June 6, 2014

DIY Pressed Flower Phone Case

Hello lovelies!!! Story time: A few weeks ago, I accidentally made a giant crack along my iPhone's screen. I didn't even drop it; it just appeared, I promise! So I got my mom to take it the Apple Store, and they were nice enough to give me a new iPhone (5s) for free because my warranty wasn't up yet. 

Over the weekend, I was so excited I got a new phone!! Until I tried to take a picture... both the main camera and the flash were disabled and didn't function. So of course, it was broken (and I didn't even do it this time!). The nice people at the Apple Store gave me another new phone since it was their fault for giving my a faulty one. Once I received the fully-functioning third phone, I vowed to get a protective case for it so I wouldn't break it again.

All the cases I saw were really ugly and bulky, until I had an idea... DIY phone case! I shopped around on Amazon and found the most protective, affordable clear case so I could stick whatever I wanted on the back of my phone and it would show through.


Case: Casemate Naked Tough Case w/ Clear Bumper (two parts: clear rubber bumper and clear plastic back)
Flowers: from my neighborhood walks!

As you can see from the classy mirror selfie, I basically just took some flowers that I pressed in an old book for two weeks and stuck them between the case and the phone. They're not bulky, so the case isn't all wonky. I've seen friends do the same sort of thing with mini polaroid pictures... some other cute ideas: stickers, train tickets, fortunes from fortune cookies, anything thin!!!

xx Alyssa

3 comments:

  1. it looks so good, i love it! x

    http://lost--at-sea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a great idea! xxo

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete