a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

SUMMER CLOTHING STAPLES

Helloooo lovelies! In the theme of summer happiness, I thought I'd share some of my favorite clothes that I'll be wearing all summer.


I tried to make a collage thingy but it didn't work out so well. Anyways...

I wear my black American Apparel skirt all of the time. It's the perfect way to make an outfit a little more dark/mysterious, and it goes with everything!!

My high waisted denim Levi's also are a must for summer. I can wear them with basically any shirt to make an awesome outfit. Plus, it's so hot in LA that shorts a necessity most of the summer.

Crop tops: my best friend. Since I wear so many high waisted skirts and shorts, crop tops are the best. I have a white one from Topshop that I got a few years back, and I wear it all of the time. It goes well with all of my bottoms, and is a cuter alternative to a plain white t-shirt.

Birkenstock-style sandals have become a huge trend recently, but love them or hate them - I can't get enough of mine. I got these black Birks last summer, and I wear them endlessly... They're so comfortable, and go with everything! 

Finally, I wear my white converse a lot during the summer. It's normally too hot for my usual black Dr. Martens, so they serve as a reliable replacment. I've been wearing converse for as long as I can remember (since I was like, 7), and they have become a classic wardrobe staple for me.

Happy summer!

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment