a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Thursday, August 14, 2014

DIY: Skateboard

Hellooooo lovelies! I feel like a terrible person. It's been more than a week since I've posted, I'm sorry. I went to see Arctic Monkeys on Thursday, The Kooks and Friday, and then camping for the Duke of Edinburgh award, and I've been so tired... But no more excuses! I spent basically all of yesterday painting the blank skate deck I got on Amazon. I've been telling myself that I'd learn how to skate this summer, and as there's 10 days left, I've finally started assembling the actual skateboard.


Here are the photos of the first step, which was painting. I sanded the bottom of the deck before painting it white (which took like 3 coats), and then painted all of the crystals on one side and an Icelandic Wool pattern on the other. I used acrylic paint, glitter (which is hard to see, but it's on some of the crystals), stickers, and DIY stickers I made out of paper and American Apparel shopping bags. 

Next step: grip tape. I watched a video on Youtube so I would know how to correctly apply the grip tape I also bought off of Amazon. Today I'm taking the board to a skate shop to get all of the hardware/wheels. I'll keep you updated on how many times I fall when I'm trying to learn how to ride it.

xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. Cool board! I'm also sooo jealous you saw Arctic Monkeys and then The Kooks! Lucky girl! xx

    Breakfast @ Jillian's // Fashion + Life

    ReplyDelete