a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, September 29, 2014

WARBY PARKER (fall 2016)

Hello lovelies! Let me tell you a story: When I was in 1st grade, I really really wanted glasses. I thought they were so cool, and I even faked not being able to read how many fingers my mom was holding up in order to get her to take me to the optometrist. In 2nd grade, my teacher told my mom that I was having trouble seeing the board, and I was finally able to get glasses. I've had terrible eyesight from then on (10 years strong!). 

I'm constantly on the lookout for cool new frames to wear, and I heard about Warby Parker (http://www.warbyparker.com/sunglasses) through both word of mouth (thanks, mom) and an ad on Spotify. They've just come out with their new collection for fall, so I thought I'd do a little project making outfits based on my favorite styles! 

warby parker fall 2014


From left to right:

"Chandler Ti" in English Oak...
...inspired by the name, I would totally pair these frames with an all-British ensemble: Topshop oversized schoolboy-looking coat, and Dr. Martens brogues. Super cute, androgynous, and definitely British-looking.

"Coley" in Crystal...
...I've been wanting a pair of clear glasses forever, and these ones seem too good to be true. The shape is nicely in the middle of square and rounded, which works well with my face shape. Clear frames is basically matches with everything, so I would take that opportunity and wear crazy prints like a bold plaid. And knee socks, definitely.

"Coley" in Woodgrain...
...this is a darker color than the English Oak "Chandler Ti," but nevertheless, I love woodgrain patterns. I used to have a pair of Ray-Bans that were similar to this color. I would try to make these look a little more feminine (as they're darker) by wearing a pretty sundress with Chelsea boats in a matching dark brown.

Which pair/outfit is your favorite? Let me know!! I think I'm taken by the Coley in Crystal!

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment