a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, November 7, 2014

MY RED JACKET

Hello lovelies!!! Okay, so I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I have a huge thing for red jackets. Basically, it all started when my friend and I got this red Members Only style jacket at a thrift store in the mountains, and ever since then, I've noticed that red jackets appear everywhere in random instances in my life.

In the movie Submarine, Jordana, one of the main characters, wears a big red coat everywhere she goes.

The jacket shows up everywhere. In other films, in photographs, even on the cover of one of my favorite albums. Well, it's not a jacket - but a shirt, the same bright red color. Whatever.



So I got my own. It's a big coat from Topshop. I even wrote a spoken word piece about it (that I'm performing today at school, hence this post and my outfit). 

Pants: Topshop
Shoes: Dr. Martens
Top: Urban Outfitters

xx Alyssa

5 comments:

  1. wow I love your outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at this pic for like 10 minutes

      Delete
  2. I'm posting too many comments sorry lol but can I post this pic on instagram???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah go ahead!!! Just tag me @alyssac4t please :)

      Delete
  3. Love this! It's just like the Submarine one ahh <3 so cute

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete