a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

CALIFORNIA DAZE

Helloooo lovelies! 
I used to really dislike California. It was my 7th-9th grade "I'm so cool and different" phase. I hate how hot it was, the way valley girls spoke, and how everyone cared way too much about the Kardashians and stupid boys who shouldn't be famous. 

Then, I realized how cool California is; the surfing culture, San Francisco, all of the beautiful mountains up where it actually snows, the sunrises along the beach, etc. I got a mix CD from a pen pal in England a few weeks ago, and when I popped it in the car on the drive up to San Francisco, the opening track ("California Daze" by Peace) fit perfectly with the mood and the scenery.



My best friend took this picture of me at the skate park in Venice Beach. It's so California. I wish I could skate... Oh well!!


xx Alyssa

3 comments:

  1. I think everyone gets like that sometimes, I kinda hate the place I live because its a total cultural vacuum, its filled with middle class families and kinda mean old people and nothing exciting really happens here but then I can appreciate that its a really beautiful place and I could always be living in the back end of no where with even less to do

    xxx
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to hate california too, but then i remembered how we're the only people to have in-n-out and how i would die with out it! also love the shot your friend took, it's amazing and fits perfectly with the song.

    www.badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you liked Peace! I just started getting into them haha. I want to live in california some day – the way you described it seems perfect. x

    ReplyDelete