a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, January 23, 2015

DIY: The Vaccines Baseball Jacket (Handsome Music Video)

Hellooooo lovelies! So The Vaccines (one of my all time favorite bands) came out with their new video for "Handsome," which is gonna be a track off their new album this year. I'm so excited.

Instagram


In the video, the band wears these cool baseball jackets that look like the ones I saw in Tokyo and Kyoto last Spring. So I decided to make my own.

I bought the jacket from American Apparel (it's a red satin baseball jacket, basically), and then I used felt from Michael's for the cut-out the letters. I sewed each of them on with a sewing machine (which took forever).


Pants: UNIQLO
Top: Boutique
Shoes: Dr. Martens
Socks: Topshop

visions of new york city

xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. That's an amazing jacket!! :-)
    Love your outfit as well!

    ReplyDelete