a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, February 6, 2015

HAIRCUT

Helloooo lovelies! I got a haircut about a month ago, so I thought it was time to show some photos of the before and after in case anyone is trying to decide if they should cut their hair or not.

I've had long hair for as long as I can remember, and although I've tried to trim it to keep it healthy, bleaching the ends a few years ago and dying the whole thing darker brown twice has taken a toll on my hair.

I had a bad day at school, and I decided that the best way to get rid of my teenage angst was to chop off 8 inches of my hair. For girls deciding if they should make the jump and cut 8+ inches off of you hair: do it! Hair grows back, and especially if you're hair is dead. it will look infinitely better after you cut it. I love my short(ish) hair, and I have no problem styling it the same way I did when it was long: in braids, letting it air-dry, etc. 



I'm not sure if I'm gonna grow it out from this length or keep cutting it. I might even go shorter! It's just so great looking down at my hair and not seeing a single split end. It honestly grosses me out when I think about how scraggly my hair looked before I cut it.

xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. It seems like everyone is getting shorter haircuts now and I can see why! Looks great!
    ~Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I also wanted to do it because it's pretty hot where I live... I'm sick of long hair!

      Delete