a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Saturday, February 14, 2015

VALENTINE'S DAY: #GIRLBOSS, Washi Tape, V-Day Tunes

Hello lovelies, Happy Valentine's Day! This morning, I was greeted by my mom with adorable little heart pancakes - they were even pink! She also got me a few little gifts for Valentine's Day, including #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso (creator of NastyGal) and adorable washi tape. As I do every year, I've created a little "love" themed playlist of some of my favorite songs. 


Yummy heart pancakes!


My mom also got me these adorable knee socks. I love knee socks... I'm totally wearing these today.


Chapter #2 of #GIRLBOSS. I'm actually so excited to finally read this... I've heard about it everywhere on the internet since it was published, and although I've never actually bought anything from NastyGal, I love browsing through the online shop. I got to visit the NastyGal boutique location on Melrose Avenue a few weeks ago, and the clothes (and the huge shoe display) amazed me. I definitely recommend to stop by if you're in the Los Angeles area!


I was being stupid on my trip to Japan last Spring, and I didn't by any washi tape. My mom got me these two little rolls of cute tape from Scotch (I think), and I can't wait to use it in my penpal letters and to stick stuff up on my wall! So cute.


Here's a little playlist of Valentine's/Anti-Valentine's Day songs. I don't know how to feel about the whole "significant other" thing on Valentine's Day... I prefer self-love and just appreciation of the concept of looooooove. But, I mean, if you're feeling bitter about a past love and are dateless on this Valentine's Day, give "You Don't Love Me" a listen.

visions of new york city

xx Alyssa

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't she just the cutest? Happy Valentine's day!! :)

      Delete
  2. The heart pancakes are adorable and look delish! Happy Valentine's day!

    Made in Mauve // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and happy Valentine's day to you too!!! ;)

      Delete
  3. This post is filled with so much awesome- your mum is such a sweetheart!
    Very jealous of those pancakes! <3

    xx
    http://www.oliviaemily.com

    ReplyDelete