a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, February 9, 2015

DRAWING: "Suspension"

Hello lovelies! It's come to my attention that I haven't posted much art in a while, so I thought I'd share a piece I just finished. It's quite small, only 9 x 12, but it took me a very long time to try and get all of the details and shading just right. I would love some suggestions/advice, as I'm never truly finished with a piece... I frequently revisit paintings and drawings that I'm unhappy with.

I titled it "Suspension" due to this idea of perfection - that perfection is untouchable, unchangeable, and fragile. It's hard to see in the photo, but there are very thin lines "suspending" the girl's eyebrows, mouth, and hairline as if she was a piece of art. 



xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. You did wonderful! I have such a deep appreciation from artists, I think it's such an amazing talent.

    Z. | J. POTTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally agree with you, all types of art amaze me!

      Delete