a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

OUTFIT OF THE DAY: Christy Dawn

Hello lovelies! This past summer, I bought a dress at the Abbot Kinney Street Festival in Venice Beach, California with my mom from a brand called DAWN. I've since followed them on Instagram (@shopdawn), and their photos are so dreamy; the dresses are beautiful and their whole aesthetic is so lovely. 

A few days ago, I saw this photo they posted of Taylor Swift in the music video for her song "Style," and looked it up to find out she actually wore the dress backwards... which inspired me to do the same with my DAWN dress.

@shopdawn: @taylorswift wearing our Fitzgerald Dress in her new music video "Style"


The style of dress that I bought has a pretty deep neckline in the front, and I would definitely get in trouble at school for breaking dress code (don't even get me started, I will go on a feminist rant): it's a perfect excuse for me to wear the dress backwards.


Dress: DAWN 
Boots: Dr. Martens
Jacket: Identity
Sunnies: Ray-Ban

I love Taylor Swift, and I love DAWN dresses. I got multiple compliments on my outfit, and I'm so excited I discovered this new way to wear my (too many) dresses - I can't wait to try it out on all of them!

Follow on Bloglovin

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment