a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

DIY: Real Flower Crowns

Hello lovelies! For a birthday party this past sunday, I went to Fleurish in Brentwood, this awesome little do-it-yourself flower shop. Everyone at the party made they own flower crows with real flowers... I mean, I've made fake flower crowns before for Coachella music festival, photoshoots, and special events, but I've never made one with real flowers! Everything was so beautiful and ethereal and I had so much fun.

Instagram

Follow on Bloglovin


We got to pick pretty roses and baby's breath to make our crowns.


In order to fasten the flowers to the base (a piece of ivy), we needed these little corsage pins and wire.


Here's some roses all wrapped up and ready to be fastened to the crown!


And the finished crown, full of flowers and ivy; we tied it together with two pieces of green ribbon at the back of our heads.

Shoutout to Sarah for having me, and happy birthday!!! You made it on my blog!!
xx Alyssa

2 comments: