a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

SAN CISCO: Live at the Troubadour

Hello lovelies!!! Last night (instead of going home after school and spending my hours doing work), I went to San Cisco's sold-out show at the Troubadour. San Cisco is one of my favorite bands, and I was so excited as it was the first time I've ever seen them - every time they play in Los Angeles, I happen to be out of town.

Follow on Bloglovin


Dress: Vintage
Shoes: Dr. Martens

Cam Avery was the opening act, and he was amazing. I did a little research before the show (as I had never heard of him before) and found out that he's currently playing with Tame Impala, which is pretty cool. His set was just him, a guitar, a harmonica, and a bunch of pedals: mainly, a loop pedal. The way he used the loop pedal to seem so much larger than life was fascinating, and his songs were great, too. He sounded like a mix between Bon Iver and Hozier, and I was really impressed.


San Cisco were everything I hoped them to be. Their setlist was relatively short considering they have a second album out now and much more material to play, but it was still great. They opened up with Nepal (from the first album), and then continued to play new songs like "About You," "Too Much Time Together," "Snow," "Wash It All Away, and "Bitter Winter." They pulled out the first album favorites: "Beach," "Awkward," "No Friends," (bonus track/early EP song) "Golden Revolver", and even their cover of Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" for Triple J that was so popular, they put it on their bonus CD (from Japan at least, which I got in Tokyo last spring). They closed the show with "Run," and when they came back out for the encore, Jordi did a stripped-down version of "Skool" from Gracetown which was beautiful. They wrapped things up with a huge dance party to "Fred Astaire." All in all, San Cisco played every song people wanted to hear, and they did an amazing job. I was so excited that they were the same - if not, better - live. Especially Jordi's voice, which just shows so much more emotion live. 


The best song of the night was either "Skool," "Beach," or "Bitter Winter"... and after listening for Gracetown for the past 4 days straight and seeing many of the songs live, I can confirm that San Cisco has not fallen to the sophomore album slump. After the show, my friend and I ran behind the stage and caught a photo with Jordi; although it's blurry, we were both freaking out. He is adorable.

xx Alyssa

12 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit! I wish that I could go to more concerts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's so nice that I'm able to go to so many... I'm addicted, though!

      Delete
  2. i love your dress and i love san cisco!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god I'm so jealous of u! i was going to go too but right when i was about to buy my ticket, they sold out *sigh* i hope you had the time of your life!

    badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm sorry, that's thd worst :( I did have a great time though!!!

      Delete
  4. this sounds so faaab man, san cisco are the bomb and i love your dress!!! xxx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. duuuddee your concert pics are so rad <3 wishing I could go to all of these cool shows, wishing my outfits could be as adorable as that vintage dress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I went to San Cisco when they played in Sydney and they were the bomb. I want to go again this year but it clashes with a Flume concert on the same day :( Your outfit is also really cute! x

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it!! I saw flume last year at coachella, he's great so I totally understand haha :)

      Delete