a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Thursday, April 23, 2015

OLD FAMILY PHOTOS

Hello lovelies! My dad recently brought out a box filled with old photographs of his Australian family (fun fact: I'm an Australian citizen!) and we dug through it as a family. I was so fascinated by the old film prints from when my grandfather was pretty young in Australia. Look at this, it's all so interesting!

Follow on Bloglovin


I always love digging through those boxes of old photographs at flea markets, and this is the first time I've gotten to do it with pictures of my own family members. Here's a few of my favorite that I picked out!

My grandfather thinking he's a cowboy:


Him being super cool in an original Jeep:


The classic rugby picture:
(my grandpa is the one on the far right, seemingly unfocused on whatever picture the team was trying to take)


The only color photo:
(I'm guessing this one wasn't taken in Australia)


Some of the girls in the family:


I wish my photos looked as cool as these. I guess I'll just have to stick to film and getting my prints on a CD because it's cheaper than actually printing them out. Curse you, modern technology!


And a song/video that fits the mood pretty perfectly:

Bags of Gold // Jay Jay Pistolet



xx Alyssa

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are so cool! Your grandpa must have had pretty interesting life growing up in Australia!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are amazing !
    Love it !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete