a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

HOW TO WEAR SEPERATES

Hey y'all!!! Noticed how I didn't say "hello lovelies" this time? I'm feeling a little southern (south western? western?) today. Overalls get me in that mood. Overalls, you ask? My wonderful friend Sarah (hi Sarah!) recently gave me this overalls-dress thing from a flea market, and I decided to make it more versatile by splitting it up into a crop top and an adorable matching skirt. Turning one piece of clothing into three different outfits is what I do best.





Crop Top: American Apparel
Suede Skirt: ASOS

Thanks so much to Sarah again!!!! I'm in such a DIY mood with summer coming up. As much as I hate the heat, it is really fun to be able to make and wear lots of different skirts and crop tops. I'm doing a program at an art school this summer, so I feel like I have to start working on my artsy wardrobe. I hope there's nice weather wherever you are in the world right now!

xx Alyssa

4 comments: