a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

OUTFIT OF THE DAY: 70s Vibes

What's going on?! I got this suede skirt a few weeks ago, and I've been feeling super seventies every time I wear it. I'm loving this trend, and after I've just finished a course in US history, I feel like I can identify with that whole counter-culture thing. Also, my dream is to go back in time and attended UC Berkeley during the heyday of student protests. Social justice! Civil rights! I feel like we need a bit of that in today's society... Visions of NYC tackles the hard stuff.

Instagram




Top: Vintage
Skirt: ASOS
Shoes: (vintage) Dr. Martens 1460s

It's really starting to feel like summer, and I cannot wait. Today is my last AP exam; then, I just have two final exams that I can easily tackle, and maybe an SAT subject test. Almost done! Junior year, you will not win!!!

xx Alyssa

11 comments:

  1. THE SKIRT! i love love love

    rosalindis.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore an almost identical skirt to this today, although mine was thrifted, you're right though it's a total 70's vibe skirt!

    http://interestingrosie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so jealous you found a thrifted one!! I was looking forever before I got this one!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES I LOVE THE 70'S AND I LOVE THIS LOOK

    badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving this look! good luck w/ examsss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your skirt is so so lovely! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete