a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, May 18, 2015

PROM: Makeup, Hair & Dress

Hello lovelies!!! So my very first Prom was on Saturday, and although it wasn't exactly what I expected, I did have a lot of fun. My school is relatively small, so our prom is for both Juniors and Seniors. Everyone goes, even if you don't have a date. This year, most of the seniors had dates, but most of the juniors just went with friends.

I decided since I will only get to go to prom twice, might as well look like an idiot for one of them. This means that I thought it would be fun to put star confetti all over my eyes. It was... it was a lot of fun. I used eyelash glue and confetti from the sale section at Urban Outfitters. The rest of my makeup I did on my own, too.

I got my hair done at Drybar, which is like a blow-out only place that I always go to. I told them to make my hair straight, but messy. I was going for a bit of a Cassie Ainsworth (from Skins) look; messy hair, glittery makeup.

Here's a photo of me and my best friends looking really stupid. My dress and shoes were both from ASOS. 


Overall, I did have a fun night. The food at prom was great (which is the most important part), everyone looked awesome, and I got to hang out with my closest senior friends one more time before they graduate. We ended up going to one friend's house after and watched Harry Potter until 3 AM. It was fantastic.

xx Alyssa

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Your prom photo is everything ^_-.
    Found you through your amazing Instagram and I love your blog! x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god!!!!! the sparkly stars are everything, plus u and ur squad are looking so good!!

    badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete