a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

BUTTONS OF THE DAY: Arctic Monkeys & The Beatles

Helloooo lovelies! I'd just like to point out the fact that I only have seven days left of my junior year in high school. What the??? Since when did that happen? Yesterday, I attended a ceremony for the Bronze, Silver, and Gold Duke of Edinburgh award winners (if you don't know what that is, give this a look), and I was just thinking about how it felt as a Freshman to be receiving the Bronze award and looking at the juniors and seniors getting Gold, thinking "soon I'll be there!" Then, in the blink of an eye, my friends and I were standing on the stage, accepting our Gold medals. It's a bit crazy, honestly. Crazy, but exciting - I can't wait to participate in some awesome programs this summer, meet new people, and continue learning and growing. Oh, and writing some college essays. :)




Pins: 
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not (Arctic Monkeys)
Abbey Road (The Beatles)
8-bit Herbie Car
Eye pin from Urban Outfitters

Jacket:
Vintage (Gap) dyed darker blue with Rit Dye

xx Alyssa

4 comments:

  1. The pins are fabulous, nothing better than a little Elvis and Arctic Monkeys, and I feel you on the time flying level. Seems like just yesterday school was starting
    http://www.collageofkate.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your gold medal! Love that Abbey Road pin :)

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete