a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, June 26, 2015

Advanced Projects @ SAIC: Final Show

It's the final day of a two-week portfolio development course I've been taking at SAIC, and we finally get to show our work in a gallery today! We made a few posters (mainly so out parents knew where to go), and I'm really excited to be able to see my work in a gallery setting. Basically, I can't wait to not see a pile of fabric cuttings, dust, fur, etc. on the ground from working on my project.


Here's my little poster I made with ink and brown paper for the show.


My two pieces are meant to be shown next to each other, so I tried to convey that with these low-resolution Snapchat photos. They're both self-portraits, covered with materials such as plastic, foil, tape, cut-up CDs, lace, fur, and more. I'm really proud of these, as they're both quite large and took me two weeks; I also made a video that goes along with them, which I might post on Youtube soon. Let me know what you think!

xx Alyssa



6 comments:

  1. Wow they are so good! Sounds awesome, you should definitely post the video I would love to see it! x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to upload it ASAP!

      Delete
  2. woah these are absolutely fantastic!! would love to see the video as well
    bella
    http://bodypositiveclub.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much!! uploading it today :)

      Delete
  3. They are amazing! I love the colours!!!! you're super talented xx
    Eden x / edenroses

    ReplyDelete