a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Bucktown: Vintage, Tacos, and Donuts

Hello lovelies! I've been in Chicago for a little over a week now, and on last Friday night when I finally had a bit of a break of non-stop artmaking all week, my friends and I took a trip to an area of the city called Bucktown where we indulged in a little shopping and a lot of food.

We stopped in a wig store where you could try on all the wigs if you payed $1 for a wig cap. It was hilarious seeing me with long blonde hair and bangs! I almost bought a blue wig, but I decided I could've spent the $29.99 in a better way. 

We had dinner at the takeout window of Bigstar Tacos, which was delicious. I got the chicken tacos and a horchata... man, it was good. I definitely recommend it. But be warned, Bigstar is the "hip taco joint," so if you want to sit in the main restaurant, you're going to have 30 people with mustaches, beards, and lots of flannel in line in front of you. Yes, that's what happened to us.



We also went to this adorable vintage store called Kokorokoko Vintage that had the best selection I've seen in a long time. It was a tad on the pricey side, but still great. I actually squealed in delight when I found this Keith Haring pin. They had Haring everywhere - even in the dressing rooms! I got the cutest 60s style dress.





Before heading back to out dorm, we ate dessert at Glazed & Infused; there were five of us, so we ordered five different donuts and sampled them all. My favorite were the vanilla glazed and peanut butter ones. Delicious.

xx Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a good time! Great photos, that vintage store looks awesome! x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete