a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Day In Los Angeles: Korean Food, Amoeba Music

Hello lovelies!! This past weekend, as a little break from my preparation for the two final exams I have this week, my mom and I went down to Amoeba and walked around the general area on Sunset Blvd. I'm not actually sure what that part of Los Angeles is called... anyone want to enlighten me? 

I spent nearly 45 minutes in Amoeba, scouring the vinyl, used vinyl, CDs, used CDs, etc. I was hoping to find an old copy of Merriweather Post Pavilion on vinyl because they're super expensive/unavailable everywhere I look... but alas, it was nowhere to be found. I treated myself to a bunch of music though, which I will show in my next post!

When I go down to Amoeba, I always like to walk over to Space 15 Twenty. I try to plan my trips on Sundays so that I can go to the LA Farmer's Market, where my mom always buys vegetables and I get Korean Food. This food is so good, I had to share. It's in one of the stalls by where people are selling clothes and furtinture, and I always find myself coming back to it. 




They also had some vintage vendors in the courtyard at Space 15 Twenty, which were fun to browse through. I found the CUTEST dress at the Free People there, but it was still crazy expensive - even on sale. Luckily, it looks like it's cheaper online. I need more money. (click the picture to go to the Free People website)


Tomorrow I will post what I got from Amoeba. It's almost summer - I only have one more day of school on Thursday!

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment