a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, June 22, 2015

Moldmaking (my face)

Hello lovelies! I'm doing an art program right now so I can get a good start on my portfolio for college applications over the summer... scary. Anyways, one of my friends/fellow classmates is making a bunch of masks for her project, and so she made an alginate mold of my face. It was one of the weirdest experiences I've ever had; fun, but not so fun when I got alginate in my mouth and wasn't able to move for 45 minutes.


Me, pre-moldmaking, in my art clothes (top and jeans both vintage, pin from MCA in Chicago).


After the alginate was done. I had straws sticking out my mouth so that I could breathe, but one fell to the side and it was an uncomfortable situation. Not scary, just kinda gross.


Here's me with all of the plaster around the alginate mold so we could actually take it off my face and not ruin it. I looked like an alien. Someone came around while the plaster was drawing and drew a smiley face on me!

The final product was actually pretty cool, and looked exactly like me (obviously). Ah, what we do in the name of art. 

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment