a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, June 12, 2015

Purple Dip Dye

Hello lovelies!! Is it 2012 again? Because I have purple dip dye hair! Woohoo!!!!

I go through hair slumps where I get really bored of my hair and feel the insane need to dye it. The last time I dyed my hair was last fall; I just went a little darker than my natural color, but it faded out pretty quickly and I was left with boring dark brown hair again. Last weekend, I bought some bleach from CVS, got out my purple hair dye, and got at it. 

I bleached my ends (only about 2 inches) until they were dark blonde/light brown, then dyed them dark purple with some dye that I had from a few years ago. I love the subtle look of it, and plan to dye it blue or forest green when the purple fades out.




Anyone with experience dyeing over faded colors, please help me out. Can I do blue/green when this fades, or will it turn out barf colored? Help!!

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment