a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, July 24, 2015

Alexa Chung x AG (round 2)

If there's one combination that could make me shriek with excitement, it's Alexa Chung and awesome denim/corduroy pieces with vintage silhouettes. A bit nerdy, I admit, but I just can't get enough. The second AC for AG collaboration was just released this week, and I'm dying for every piece.

Instagram



Isn't this just the most magnificent coat you've ever seen? The embroidery is so beautiful. Too bad it's $1,200. A girl can dream.




I'm actually thinking of buying this one. It's a modest (for the collection) $178, and I already own The Kety in denim, so I know how much I love the silhouette (and how versatile it is). I've wanted a corduroy skirt for a while now, so I may just have to splurge on this piece. Hopefully I can hold myself back.



Tell me that you don't love this. Maroon, corduroy, flared ankles? Too bad they probably only look good on super-tall, Alexa Chung types. Is it too much to ask for a few more inches? I'm almost five foot five... I'd love to grow maybe three more inches overnight. Then I could finally fulfill my dream of becoming Alexa Chung.

xx Alyssa

5 comments:

  1. I love that coat too :'( looks like the kind of thing flo mo would wear

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coat is beautiful, but I've got my eyes on that skirt. recently I've been completely infatuated with skirts that have buttons on the front

    http://wondergoth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love button-front skirts too!!! definitely get it :)

      Delete
  3. That coat is so cool! Maybe when my ship comes in...but I'm sure you could find something like that at a vintage store!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete