a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Day on Melrose Avenue

It's starting to break 100 degrees, but that's not going to slow anyone in Los Angeles down. My mom and I spent a few hours on Melrose Avenue yesterday, eating at my favorite restaurant and doing a bit of shopping for my Senior year of high school.


Tatsu Ramen (one on Melrose, one on Sawtelle) is my favorite place to eat in LA. Mind you, it's not a fancy, sit down and a be waited on restaurant, but it has the best food (in my humble opinion). I get the Soul Ramen with extra onions and tofu, and always accompany that with fried rice. Their fried rice is AMAZING.


I also had to take the classic LA-girl pic at the Paul Smith store on Melrose - that pink wall shows up all of the time on my friend's pictures!


I think I'm going to buy one of those stupid Star Maps with a friend and drive around LA trying to find the houses. It's pretty silly, but it would be a fun thing to do before summer ends, as I've never really done anything touristy in my own city. Other things on my bucket list: one of those open-top buses, the touristy museums like Madam Tussauds, and going to that bench that was in 500 Days of Summer.


I also went to Reformation, which is one of my favorite stores - the one in Soho (right next to Opening Ceremony) is a dream. This was actually the first time I'd been to the LA location, and it was so cute! I love their neon signs. The whole store just gives off the best vibe. I got this two-piece dress for my Senior Portrait; at my school, each senior gets a full page in the yearbook with their portrait and whatever they want to write. It's a little scary that I'm actually a Senior now. Summer is already almost 1/3 over!

Hope everyone is having a lovely summer, and that it's not as hot where you are as it is in LA! 

xx Alyssa

4 comments:

  1. i really wanna visit LA one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reformation is my favorite!!! and i've been meaning to check out tatsu ramen for a while now, totally digging your plaid shirt <3

    badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tatsu is literally the BEST, make a day out of it, go there all the time, bring all your friends, it's heavenly

      Delete