a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Painting on Vinyl

Painting on vinyl is my new favorite. Acrylic and watercolor (because I can't stand oil) on vinyl just gives the coolest effect. I thought I'd share a piece I did this past year that I showed to RISD during a portfolio review a couple of weeks ago:

Instagram


I love the cool textures that I got by mixing the two mediums together on top of vinyl. I also feel like Keith Haring, who painted on vinyl tarpaulin... shoutout to Haring!!!

xx Alyssa

8 comments:

  1. wow I've never really thought about it, but that seems like a really cool idea!

    http://wondergoth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so dope!

    badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so cool! You are very talented x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatttt this is so awesome!

    little-versailles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatttt this is so awesome!

    little-versailles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete