a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, July 3, 2015

Penpal Letters: Summer 2015

Nothing made me happier recently than receiving a few penpal letters upon my return home this past Saturday from Chicago. There's just something so special about opening a physical letter - that, and being part of a sort of cross-cultural and global exchange. 

Instagram


Look at this stuff! These three letters are from Denmark, England, and even my home state of California. These girls are so sweet and generous, and I always love receiving music recommendations, little pieces of art, and other goodies from them. I also love having somewhere to actually send my art (and stupid little trinkets). I know penpal-ing might seem a little old-fashioned, but it really is all it's cracked up to be!

xx Alyssa

1 comment: