a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Suede Obsession (again...)

Another week, another trend obsession. This time, it's suede. I really can't get enough! I have a tan suede button-down skirt from ASOS, I bought a vintage grey suede skirt in Chicago last month, and now I'm dying for a fringe bag and a tan top. This mint-colored skirt from Topshop has me all heart-eye-emoji, too.

Instagram
suede



My recent obsession for this trend definitely has to do with the fact that I'm studying the whole 1960s music & politics scene at Brown University right now; think Summer of Love, Joan Baez, Haight Ashbury, and lots of suede. I just really want to make my experience at Outside Lands in two weeks as similar to the Summer of Love as humanly possible. 

I know the whole 60s/70s trend is huge this summer, but will it last? Personally, I have a feeling I won't be getting over it that quickly... I'll be the girl wearing suede fringe at Coachella 2016. Sorry, but I'm not sorry. Do you all like this trend, or think it's a little tacky? Let me know!

xx Alyssa

6 comments:

  1. I personally adore this trend, and that skirt even more!

    http://wondergoth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. suede is such a cute material and makes every outfit feel a bit more 70's - I'm pretty sure the trend is going to be around for a while especially suede skirts, how cute will they be in winter?

    http://interestingrosie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so true, I didn't even think of that! suede coats!!!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE IT ALLLLL!!! NEVER TACKY!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete