a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, August 24, 2015

Senior Portaits

Hello hello hello! After nearly a month of being M.I.A., I'm back and better than ever! Well, hopefully. I'm about to start my senior year of high school, so I've been insanely busy the last month doing assigned work, taking a summer course, and getting ready for the scariest/most important few months of my life so far... college application season!!!

Instagram

The fun part of becoming a senior is getting to take your senior portraits. I've been excited about this for as long as I can remember. It's typical, but so much fun. I got my hair done at Drybar, and did my own makeup. At my school, seniors get a full page in the yearbook with their portrait, other photos they want to include of friends and family, and a senior dedication. Almost everyone gets their senior portraits taken at a park/other place with lots of oak trees, but since California is in a drought and things are starting to get brown and ugly, I decided to have mine taken at the beach. I haven't received any of the professional photos yet, so these iPhone snaps from my mom will have to do!


My dress was a two-piece crop top and midi skirt combo from Reformation, called The Lorelei:


I'm so glad I chose this outfit because I wear both pieces countless times with so many different tops and bottoms, so it's not like a dress that I'll wear once and then let it waste away in my closet.

Good luck to everyone starting school... let's make this year our best! Class of 2016!!!!!

Follow on Bloglovin

xx Alyssa

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your two piece - I'm obsessed with the reformation x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it, such a cute brand!!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I love it, such a cute brand!!!

      Delete