a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Da Costanzo Sandals

It's been a crazy exciting summer in my family. I went to SAIC in Chicago for two weeks and Brown University in Rhode Island for three (alone), and while I was away, my mom and brother spent two weeks in Italy. They took cooking classes, visited the legendary museums, and of course, did a good amount of shopping - for me! Well, I got one present from their travels: a pair of Da Costanzo sandals. They're legendary, from Capri, hand-made, and worn by Jackie Kennedy. They're my new favorite sandals (sorry, Birkenstocks). 

Instagram




I haven't had a pair of real sandals since I got my Arizona Birkenstocks (in black) in the summer of 2013. I mean, those things are so comfortable and go with everything... but I knew I needed a nice pair of sandals that I could wear to occasions and events where the attendees wouldn't be as open to the Birkenstock-wearing person that I am.

When my mom asked me if I wanted anything from her trip, I remembered a friend that told me her sister had brought her a pair of leather sandals back from Italy that she ended up wearing 24/7. I simply asked for a pair of black leather sandals, and I couldn't be happier. They're comfortable, easier to wear, and go with everything. Shoutout to my mom, and shoutout to the guys on Capri that make the best sandals ever!

xx Alyssa

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment