a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, September 18, 2015

NYFW SS 2016: Day 2 (Butcher's Daughter, Nolita, Greenwich Village)

Day 2 in NYC was the best. I got to see a bunch of old friends from summer programs at Brown University and UCLA, and I ate literally six meals. What could be better?


I had breakfast with my mom at The Butcher's Daughter, a little brunch place in Nolita that I went to with my family last Spring Break when we went to visit Columbia, NYU, and Barnard. The food (especially the french toast) is fantastic, and the people watching was ridiculous (mainly because it was fashion week). 


The restaurant's decor is adorable... Still rocking the injured car-accident knee!


I took this photo about a block away (still in Nolita) with these awesome street art wings. I'm wearing:

Top: Vintage (from Melrose Trading Post)
Skirt: Vintage (from Haight Ashbury in SF)
Shoes: Dr. Martens Chelsea Boots
Sunglasses: Celine
Backpack: Fjällräven


I met up with my friends for lunch, then a walk through Union Square Park's (I think?) street fair, which included a lot more food. Here's a photo of this giant donut my friends just had to get. We also went to Insomnia Cookies in Greenwich Village, which was heavenly. I recommend the Snickerdoodle.


Later that night, I met up with my best friend that had just flown in from LA. We went to dinner in Soho, then walked to Molly's Cupcakes, and saw this cool psychic on the way. Stay tuned for more pictures!

Follow on Bloglovin

xx Alyssa

2 comments: