a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, September 21, 2015

NYFW SS 2016: Day 3 (The Whitney Museum, Gansevoort Market, The Highline)

On my third day in NYC, I met up with my best friend from LA and our friend that goes to Pratt in Brooklyn. We know her from a summer art program in Ireland, so it's always fun to meet up with her whenever we're in the same city.





We went to the Whitney Museum (as was suggested by a friend that goes to NYU), and I loved it. The current exhibition, America is Hard to See, was an amazing selection of American artwork throughout the 20th century. Work from some of my favorite artists, Basquiat, Warhol, Lichtenstein, and Haring, was included. You can walk up the whole museum from an outside staircase, which provides amazing views of NYC from the Meatpacking District near the Highline - definitely reminded me of Vampire Weekend's Modern Vampires of the City artwork. 


We then walked over to Gansevoort Market, where I got some delicious tacos (and spilled taco juice on my suede skirt... sad). 


I had to take a picture of my adorable new backpack and the greenery at Gansevoort Market.






We then walked over to the Commes Des Garçons store by the Highline, which I've never been to. It's almost like a museum - the clothes are too expensive to ever consider, they look like pieces of art, and it's silent inside. The outside of the store, however, is vibrant and beautiful, so we took these photos.

Top: Zara
Skirt: ASOS
Shoes: Nike AF1s
Backpack: Fjällräven
Hat: American Apparel

Follow on Bloglovin

xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. Wowow your backpack is amazing! Looks like such a fun time, I LOVE art exhibitions x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete