a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Thursday, September 24, 2015

NYFW SS 2016: Day 5 (Badgley Mischka at the Skylight, Grimes)

My last day in New York City was everything I could ever hope for. I've been to NYC before multiple times - don't get me wrong - but this was the icing on the cake. 


Grimes was staying at my hotel, The Soho Grand, and she was waiting outside for an Uber the same time that I was. I was freaking out too much to say anything or ask for a photo, so here's a pic of me looking stupid with Grimes looking super cool in the background. Claire Boucher, you are awesome.

I was lucky enough to attend the Badgley Mischka show at the Skylight at Moynihan Station, which was amazing. Here are some photos of model rehearsal and the final show:




The dresses and models were beautiful, and it just so happened that Helen Mirren was sitting right in front of me - I was the in the 3rd row, she was in the 1st. Yes, I googled the photos that paparazzi took of her, and yes, I am in the background. NYFW goals.


My friend and I after the show.

Top: Bodysuit from Urban Outfitters
Pants: Miu Miu
Shoes: ASOS
Bag: vintage Louis Vuitton
Scarf: vintage Celine
Jacket: vintage, from Kyoto (Japan)

Goodbye, NYC. A playlist of the songs that remind me of New York is coming soon.

Follow on Bloglovin

xx Alyssa

5 comments: