a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, September 14, 2015

What's Been Going On (my car accident)

So today is Monday (well, not really... I'm writing this on the previous Wednesday from the comfort of my couch), which means I am currently in New York City at my very first Fashion Week. I'm so ecstatic about this; I've been preparing for ages, which includes a long-ass NYC playlist (which will be posted tomorrow), as well as a long of shopping, packing, unpacking, and repacking. I settled on specific outfits for each day when I packed, which helps me stay organized and not make rash decisions that I'll regret when no blogger with a giant camera asks me to take a street style pic.

Anyways, I wanted to update you all on what's been happening recently. Last Sunday, I got in a car accident on the freeway. I was driving alone, and I ended up in the middle of a six-car pileup (I promise, it wasn't my fault!!!) and sent to the hospital in an ambulance. I only suffered whiplash, bruising, and a decent-sized abrasion to my leg, but basically, I got off lucky. I just wanted to take this oppirtunity to tell everyone to be safe driving, don't get distracted (I wasn't, but if I was, it would have been exponentially worse), and don't take life for granted. Thankfully, nobody else involved in the accident was injured, but unfortunately, my beloved Beetle was totaled. I loved my car; she was named Lucy (in the sky with diamonds), and she had the coolest stickers and flower vase. I had to go to the towing yard and get all my stuff out of the car, and I'm genuinely considering holding a little mourning session by burying one of the fake flowers I kept in the dashboard vase. I know, I'm strange. 



Aaaaand here's some pretty sunset photos that my mom took from my phone because I couldn't get up off the couch on my own after the accident to see it.

I'm walking now, and definitely will be better soon. I mean, I went to Fashion Week! Nothing can stop me! But seriously, if there's anything you get from this post, please drive safely and always watch the road.

Follow on Bloglovin

xx Alyssa

9 comments:

  1. oh shit glad you're ok! thats scary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I hope you get better soon, suck about your car but at least you weren't badly hurt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noooo that cute lil' beetle!!!! Sounds terrifying I hope you are okay! Don't know how you managed to look cool af in a hospital room I would have been a wreck! Be safe! x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so sad :( haha, I always try to be cool!!!

      Delete
  4. omg, thank God you're okay! rip to Lucy, she will forever be missed <3 hope you're enjoying nyfw!!!

    xoxo bad sass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it could've been so much worse. I miss my baby!!!! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete