a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Saturday, October 31, 2015

HALLOWEEN INSPIRATION

Well, happy Halloween! October is one of the best months of the year (I mean, my birthday is the 19th...), and Halloween is obviously part of that. I love dressing up in costume, and I trick-or-treated until 10th grade. I know, it's a little pathetic. I don't even like candy; I just love the whole vibe of the holiday so much.

I'm going to take some photos later tonight when I'm all dressed up in my Halloween costume, and those will be posted later this week. For now, I wanted to share some of my favorite Halloween inspiration to get you in the spooooooooky mood.



Yesterday, Panda Bear (a.k.a. Noah Lennox), who is one of my favorite artists, surprise released this nearly-30-minute mix of material created during the Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper sessions that he ended up not using for any official songs. It's spooky, it's dance-worthy, and it's just in time for Halloween.


If you really wanna get in the mood for Halloween, check out this cult classic sci-fi thriller, Donnie Darko. Honestly, if you haven't seen Donnie Darko yet, I don't really know what you're doing with your life... but it's the perfect movie for a spooky Hallow's Eve. Bonus points if you dress up as Donnie for Halloween: skeleton onesie and a dark hoodie. Easy.

Or, if you're feeling crafty, make a spell candle! I find these fascinating, and also just really cool pieces of artistry. 


image from 13 Magickal Moons (http://13magickalmoons.com/)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Halloween! If you're still in need of a quick DIY costume, check out my little Wes Anderson movie characters costume guide!

xx Alyssa

4 comments:

  1. OMG those spell candles look so cool, I've never heard of them before! x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the whole vibe thing. Love it! Oh and happy late birthday!! x

    ReplyDelete