a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Thursday, October 15, 2015

How To Reorganize A Bookshelf

This happens every weekend. I finish my work for school, and I have nothing to do for the first time in 5 days. Cue the frantic organizing.

I recently read a blog post about the best way to decorate bookshelves. I don't have much room on my little bedroom shelf, which my dad built me years ago, for decorations; instead, I was inspired to sort out all my books and make them a tiny bit more aesthetically pleasing. 



On my top shelf, I have my books organized in the rainbow from left to right; red, orange, yellow, green, blue. Then I have a backwards (an idea I got from the blog post I read) stack of Nancy Drew books; this is mainly because I hate the color yellow of their covers, but I love the uniformity and look of them on my shelf. Next came the black books, then the white.

On the bottom shelf, I have my big things: portfolios, a folder of awards, my book on The Elements, Rookie Yearbooks 1, 2, and 3. Next is a big stack of all the pen pal letters I've ever recieved, followed by all of my issues of Teen Vogue and Nylon in chronological order, and three of my school yearbooks.

xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog via Views of Now. I love, love, love your aesthetic! It's so Rookie-esque! I'm happy I wandered over here.

    www.indigoritual.com

    ReplyDelete