a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Monthly Music Mailbag: September

Hello lovelies! I just realized how long it's been since I posted a monthly music roundup. I've been listening to so many great albums as of recent, new and old, and I thought it was definitely worth sharing what my favorite songs the past month were!

#5. God Help The Girl - God Help The Girl


God Help The Girl instantly became one of my favorite movies when I watched it last year. Recently, I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot, and I watched it again, which ended up in my dancing in my room and singing along and making a general fool of myself. This, along with "Perfection As A Hipster," are my favorite tracks from the movie.

#4. Barcelona - George Ezra


I saw George Ezra at Outside Lands a couple of months ago, and fell in love with this song. It's so peaceful - I listen to it a lot in the mornings.

#3. Red Light - The Strokes


I've been in a big Strokes phase for the past couple of months, and for some reason, this song has been on the top of my list. It's pretty easy listening, and it's a good driving song. Appropriately.

#2. For Reverend Green - Animal Collective


I spent many hours at home doing Physics homework this month (yay for AP Physics C: E & M!!!), and when I did, I listened to the whole Animal Collective discography on repeat. This song is my favorite on Strawberry Jam.

#1. Clearest Blue - CHVRCHES


CHVRCHES' sophomore album, Every Open Eye, came out at the end of September, and I couldn't be more satisfied. NPR streamed the whole album a week before its release, and I fell in love with it instantly. "Clearest Blue" is the obvious standout track for me; other favorites are "Afterglow," "Never Ending Circles," and "Bury It."

What were your favorite songs this past month?

Follow on Bloglovin

xx Alyssa

4 comments:

  1. ahhh, my babies the strokes! <3 will def have to check out the rest of the artists sometime, really cool post!

    badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh great picks! Love a bit of George Ezra and CVRCHES ^_^ x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete