a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, October 12, 2015

My Record Collection (October 2015)

I feel like it's time for another record collection update. Here's everything I own on vinyl, organized by artist:

Animal Collective (including Panda Bear)


Left: Danse Manatee, Merriweather Post Pavilion, Centipede Hz
Right: Person Pitch, Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper, Tomboy

The Vaccines


What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?, Come of Age, English Graffiti

Arctic Monkeys (including Alex Turner)


Favourite Worst Nightmare, AM, Suck It And See, Submarine

The Strokes


Is This It, Comedown Machine

Misc.


(From left to right, up to down): For Emma, Forever Ago - Bon Iver, Babel - Mumford & Songs, Drowners - Drowners, I Forget Where We Were - Ben Howard, Junk Of The Heart - The Kooks, Summer EP - Alt-J,  Absolute Zero - Little Green Cars, In Colour - Jamie xx, Unknown Pleasures - Joy Division.

OLD STUFF!!!


The Partridge Family, Funny Face soundtrack, Elvis' Christmas Album, Christmas Sing-Alongs, Lights Over Hawaii, and my prized possession, Abbey Road.


7"s


Left: Rookie Tunes - Dum Dum Girls & Supercute!, Diane Young/Step - Vampire Weekend, Dream Lover - The Vaccines, Handsome - The Vaccines.

Middle: Hey Jude/Revolution, All My Loving/This Boy, Yesterday/Act Naturally (all The Beatles)

Right: Running Man/Sons & Daughters - The Tropics, To Leave Something Behind - Sean Rowe, All The Songs From "Clear Moon" - Mount Eerie, Black Prairie Singers, Vol 1: Portland, Kollider/Kontraband - Food Pyramid & Deep Earth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment any suggestions you have to add to my collection! What albums have you found sound particularly good on vinyl? I'm hoping to get Sung Tongs (Animal Collective) and First Impressions of Earth (The Strokes) soon. 

Follow on Bloglovin

xx Alyssa

7 comments:

  1. cheap ugg boots sale online,only need 59.8$ and free shipping to your hand, don't miss it http://www.classicugg.org
    UGG Bailey Button 5803 Boot Sand
    UGG Bailey Button 5803 Boot Navy
    UGG Bailey Button 5803 Boot Red

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome collection, I'm so jel. I luv Alex Turner, I've just ordered Submarine on vinyl funnily enough! xo
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a record collection! Wow, that's amazing! I personally don't collect records but my dad use to when he was younger. I think we have some old records in the attic. Boy, that was a loooong time ago haha <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad had a huge collection, but his mom sold them! So sad :(

      Delete
  4. You have a great record collection! I have one started (mostly old Beatles records) but no record player yet!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I'm jealous of your Beatles records! I really want Sgt. Pepper's!

      Delete