a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, October 16, 2015

My Zine Collection

As I just reorganized my bookshelf the other day (see yesterday's post), I've made a little pile of all my zines. It's so fun to look through them... I'm a complete magazine-lover, so the idea of accessible, DIY, mini-magazines has always appealed to me. Plus they're free a lot of the time. Yay free art!


My small (yet powerful) zine collection.


"A Letter to Yellow," and "Sass," written by my friend and me (respectively) in our zine we titled Lame is Art


From my zine, Femme.


From Week of Rebellion, an illustrated calendar of a bunch of concerts in San Francisco over one week in November 2014.


Some crazy cool art from my pen pal Maria (@noztalgia on Instagram).

xx Alyssa

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh they are soo cool! I'm weirdly incredibly inspired by this, It's like a little art outlet! x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Zines are the best, i must get myself some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so cute, and a lot of times you can pick them up for free at little bookstores or artsy stores!!

      Delete
  3. that's it i'm on a mission to collect all of the zines! love the look of these, really cool (and love your blog!) x

    ReplyDelete