a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Three Wes Anderson Costumes: Suzy Bishop, Margot Tenenbaum, Max Fischer

Well, Halloween is just around the corner, and if you're anything like me, you're scrambling to find a good halloween costume because you didn't order one in time and all of the the good ones are sold out in whatever big Halloween store exists in your town for the months of September and October before vanishing. As I was Suzy Bishop from Moonrise Kingdom last year for Halloween, I thought these three DIY Wes Anderson costumes would be great ideas for anyone who doesn't have time to go out and get a costume; you probably can find all of these pieces in your house somewhere!


Instagram

Suzy Bishop (Moonrise Kingdom)
suzy bishop halloween costume



All you need is a salmon/orange color swing dress, a white collared shirt, white knee highs, and oxford shoes. I had all of this in my (or my mom's) closet. My dad had binoculars, and I found an old wicker picnic basket from a tea set I had when I was younger.

Max Fischer (Rushmore)

max fischer halloween


"My safety is Harvard" - Max Fischer, my idol
For this one, raid your brother or your dad's closet. You'll need a blue button-down, a navy blazer, khaki pants, and a black and red striped tie. Red beret optional, but it definitely pulls together the outfit. Walk around on Halloween knowing you are the smartest one in the room.

Margot Tenenbaum (The Royal Tenenbaums)

margot tenenbaum halloween


For Margot, you'll need a collared tennis dress - preferably Lacoste. If you want to go out and buy a fur coat, by all means, go ahead; you can probably find one at a thrift store for much cheaper, or go for a faux option. You'll need dark brown loafers and a messenger bag. Don't forget Margot's signature red hair clip!

I hope everyone has a lovely Halloween!

xx Alyssa

9 comments:

  1. If I wasn't already being velma, I'd totally follow the Suzy one, wow <3

    (っ♥︎◡♥︎)っ intergalactic glitter monster//Plasma Dolphin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh such a good costume!! I wanna do Velma sometime!!

      Delete
  2. Amazing ideas!!! My favourite must be Suzy's! So pretty, thanks for sharing :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to dress like Suzy Bishop every day...not just Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought of going as Margot Tenenbaum for Halloween... dammit, I'm going to have to find a fur coat now haha

    http://thatcrazygiraffe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to be Margot but I don't have the hair!

      Delete
  5. these are all such good ideas!!
    :)
    http://malimichaelablog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete