a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Change Of Perspective

Something about being a senior in high school makes me want to constantly rearrange my room. I've adopted the habit of trying to change one thing in my life every day, as I'm trying to create more excitement and change of pace; yesterday, it was the little saying on my wall. For the past two years, it's been "perspective is for astronauts," a quote from Submarine (one of my favorite books with a fantastic movie adaption). 

Instagram


Yesterday, I decided I needed a change. I wanted something more simple, shorter, and reflective of my current emotional state. Also, I wanted it to require as little effort as possible, so most of the letters had to come from ones I already cut. I only had to make, like, two new ones, which was awesome.



"Is This It" can be interpreted two ways. 1) These next few months until I go to college... is this it? Will I ever live in Los Angeles again? What about my high school friends? 2) Is this all I'm going to amount to? Are there no more dramatic changes, amazing oppirtunities, fun times with friends to look forward to now that I'm about to be an adult? Deep thoughts with Alyssa!

Also, of course, it's a direct reference to Is This It by The Strokes, one of my favorite albums of all time. It never gets old.

xx Alyssa

4 comments:

  1. this is so cool! is this it is my all time favorite album!!

    badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, it's going to get wayyyyy better after high school. There's a lot more opportunities and amazing times with friends when you're a grown up. Plus you can eat cereal for dinner every day and no one can say shit to you about it :)

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm looking forward to!! :)

      Delete