a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Thursday, November 19, 2015

A Visit To The Broad Museum

On Sunday morning, my mom and I got up early to make the trek to Downtown LA to try and get into the Broad Museum. You have to reserve (free) tickets in advance, and they were all booked up for days, so we tried our luck in the standby line. We waited nearly two hours, but eventually made it in, and it was so worth it.


Takashi Murakami


Jeff Koons


Andy Warhol


Mike Kelley


John Baldessari 


Keith Haring


Jean-Michel Basquiat


Jenny Holzer


Roy Lichtenstein 


The collection was fantastic, and the wait was so worth it. I might go as far to say that I liked it even more than my visit to the new Whitney Museum of American Art (NYC) in September. My favorite artists (Kelley, Haring, Lichtenstein, Holzer) were all represented. I'm so glad Los Angeles has this amazing museum now! I definitely recommend it to everyone who lives here, and if you're visiting LA, it's right next to the Walt Disney Concert Hall and Grand Central Market (a cool food place), so it's a must-visit. 

xx Alyssa

7 comments:

  1. Yes! This post was beautiful. I love Basquiat and Warhol. I have a friend that goes to SAIC, and she said Jeff Koons came to speak and he was a total condescending ASSHOLE to everyone. Now every time I see his work I think of that lol. But, ah! That museum seems wonderful.

    www.indigoritual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could totally see him acting like that, that's so interesting! It's such a great museum.

      Delete
  2. Damm that John Baldessari piece is the truth! the rest of the museum looks amazing too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post babe! Such great curators at the Broad
    xo
    http://thedemeler.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. follow for follow http://sedefilemodamakyaj.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete